Call for #BlogHer18 Health Speakers - Now Closed
by Jordan Boswell
We recently announced our very first health and wellness-focused conference, #BlogHer18 Health, taking place January 30-31 in New York City. We’re also trying a new format. Breakout sessions (we’re calling them Influencer Workshops) will occur on the main stage (just like keynotes!) so you’ll have maximum exposure to 500 attendees, and they won’t have to choose which sessions to attend.
Our call for #BlogHer18 Health speakers launched last week and it’s been great to see how many of you are interested in sharing your expertise in the health & wellness space, and sharing social media best practices. You have until Saturday, September 30th to submit your application using this form: blogher18healthspeakerapplication.sheknowsmedia.com.
In general, we are looking for dynamic speakers with an interesting point of view, a personal story, or a passion for health and wellness content creation. We’ll be mixing up presentation styles so the sessions will range from solo spotlight talks (think TedX style), to a 2-person fireside chat, to a moderated panel discussion, to an interactive workshop.
We are currently recruiting speakers for the following themes:
- Health & Wellness
- Find Your Flow: A sunset workout session & networking mixer
- Learn From Her: Trending health & wellness issues that impact women’s lives
- #WinningWomen: Personal stories of strong women overcoming health obstacles
- Passion to Purpose: Health advocates who made an impact by doing what they love
- Wine + Gyn: Honest talk about reproductive health
- Content Creation & Social Media Influence
- Brand Building: Defining your personal brand, breaking through the clutter and teaching the best marketing strategies to content creators
- Mastering Social Media: Leveraging the latest social media networks and techniques to explain how to up your publishing game and maximize an influencer’s ability to work with brands
- Entrepreneurship and the Business of Influence: Monetizing your platform, how to find mentorship, build a network, and create brand extensions and new revenue streams.
Once submissions close, we’ll review all applications and we hope to send a status by mid-October to everyone who applied, so be on the lookout for that.
If you’re not quite ready to speak, register to attend!—The discounted $99 tickets ($199 value) are going fast: https://blogher18health.eventbrite.com.
We look forward to reading your application and look forward to seeing you in New York this January!